As a notary, your notary stamp is the tool you’ll use the most. Additional notary supplies in Florida are helpful to have while performing notary duties. You will usually find these included in notary supply packages.
However, as you are looking at different packages, it’s important to choose one that not only adheres to Florida’s requirements, but includes everything you will need to complete your duties. You will also want to make sure the package you are looking at is fair in price.
Before we discuss what a notary package should include and what you can expect to spend, let’s review what a notary package is.
What Is a Notary Package?
A notary supplies package includes supplies notaries use on a daily basis. From stamps to E&O insurance, notary supplies packages in Florida will cover all of your bases to start your business as a notary.
These packages can usually be purchased online, but it’s crucial that you check what’s included in your package of choice so you don’t run into any road blocks later on. When shopping for a notary package online, be sure to look for the following:
- Notary Stamp: Check to ensure that the stamp meets Florida guidelines. The stamp or seal must be rectangular or circular and include the words “Notary Public-State of Florida,” your name, the date of expiration, and the commission number. You will also want to ensure that the seal or stamp comes with black ink, per Florida state law.
- Notary Journal: While this item isn’t required by the state, it’s a good idea to have a journal on hand to help you keep track of your notaries. This journal can be especially useful if anyone accuses you of falsifying documents or if you incorrectly complete a notary. It’s recommended to keep this journal in a secure location when not in use, as it contains sensitive information. A locked desk drawer, briefcase, or safe is best.
- Notary Bond: Florida requires that all public notaries have a $7,500 notary bond. This bond protects the customer from any financial loss (up to the limit of the bond) that occurs from improper conduct by a notary. It’s also a reminder to the notary that he/she promises to fulfill his/her obligations correctly and responsibly.
- Notary Commission Certificate: This is a certificate that shows you have passed the required course, paid the fees, and met all other state requirements to become a public notary. It’s essentially a diploma that shows you’re qualified to perform notary acts.
- Inkless Thumb Printer: Currently, Florida does not require a thumbprint on notarized documents; however, this is entirely up to the signer. They can request or refuse their thumbprint being recorded on a notarized document. It’s a good idea to have the option available for one-off requests, just in case.
- E&O Insurance: In addition to a notary supplies package, you’ll want to see if the company provides notary insurance (E&O insurance). If you’re a public notary, it’s highly recommended that you have insurance, as it protects you from lawsuits should you make an unintentional error on a document.
E&O insurance provides coverage for financial damages, unintentional law violations, lawsuit protection (even if you’ve done nothing wrong), or in the case that an imposter fraudulently uses your commission information or forges your signature without your knowledge. The policies included in E&O insurance also provide coverage for a defense attorney and legal fees up to the designated amount on your policy, should their services be needed.
You will also want to ensure that the notary products you are considering adhere to the state’s guidelines. Doing so can help you save a lot of time and money in the future. We recommend dealing with an organization that specializes in Florida notaries so that you know you are getting what you need.
How Much Do Notary Supplies Packages Cost?
Notary products can cost as little as $20 for the basics. As you compare different packages, pay attention to what is included. For example, a package that costs only $25 may only include the notary stamp and the ink, meaning you will have to purchase a journal, insurance, and bond elsewhere—which can get expensive.
Notary supplies packages in Florida that are more expensive typically include all the supplies you will need along with additional resources you can purchase. These bonus notary supplies aren’t required, but they will help you navigate your way through the world as a public notary. Resources include things such as notary education courses or E&O insurance. It’s recommended to look at a few different carriers to help you find a fair price.
Customize Your Stamps at The Dotted Line
If you’re looking for a notary package that fits your needs and style, check out The Dotted Line. Here, you will have access to a wide variety of notary kits and other various notary supplies in Florida. The days of having the same exact notary packages as any other public notary are long gone.
With The Dotted Line, you can browse through an assortment of different kit styles. From differing font shapes, sizes, and colors to shoulder bags to carry all your supplies, you can outfit your notary supplies with a bit of fun and customization. You can also purchase additional notary supplies like staplers, carriers, privacy covers, document envelopes, nametags, and more.
Whether you need a full order of varying notary supplies in Florida, or just a few essentials, The Dotted Line is the highly-trusted and well-respected place for you.
Contact the Florida Notary Association for an Affordable, High-Quality Notary Supplies Package
With so many companies providing notary products, it can be difficult knowing which one provides the best products at an affordable price. At the Florida Notary Association, high-quality, affordable products are just the beginning of what we offer. Each of our notary supply packages include:
- An official, self-inking stamp
- $7,500 notary bond
- Notary commission certificate
- Link to online notary education courses
All of our notary packages start at just $109 (plus $5 flat rate shipping) and are valid for four years.
Additionally, we provide E&O coverage on both an individual and company level, ensuring you or your employees are covered from potential lawsuits.
Contact us today to learn more about our packages and additional resources for which you can take advantage.